DEMU Showcase 2014
DEMU Showcase is the premier UK exhibition dedicated to diesel and electric modelling and will be on the weekend of 31 May & 1 June 2014.
Saturday 31 May 2014 10.00 - 17.00
Sunday 1 June 2014 10.00 - 16.00
Burton Town Hall, King Edward Place, Burton upon Trent, DE14 2EB. Map
The Town Hall is situated very close to the railway station in Burton upon Trent. There is a public car park at the Town Hall, please be aware that East Staffs Borough Council have recently made this a pay and display car park.
- Albion Metals (4mm OO) Richard Coleman's excellent scrap yard and sidings.
- Black Country Blues (4mm EM) Staffordshire Finescale's fictitious Black Country freight line set in the 1970s.
- Brighton East (4mm EM) David and Matthew Smith's model of what-might-have-been if the old Kemp Town branch had retained some passenger service (this actually ceased in the 1933) and had never been shut (it closed to goods traffic in 1971), been electrified and then had a second tunnel bored to allow direct access to Lewes.
- Dubmill Sidings (7mm O) Steve Thompson's model of non-passenger operations in NW Cumbria set in 1967 - 70.
- Glenuig (4mm EM) Gary Hinson's layout of when the North British railway where eager to get a connection on to the island of Mull, to rival the Oban and Callander railway. The scene is set between 1975 and 1985, the transition between BRCW type 2s and EE type 3s
- Horseley Fields (2mm N) N Gauge Society Cambs & Northants Group model of an imaginary main line and adjacent steel terminal in the Black Country. The period is the present or recent past.
- Law Junction (2mm N) East Neuk MRC's model of Law Junction is a model of the location of that name on the West Coast Main Line between Carstairs and Motherwell. The layout includes the freight terminal next to the junction and is set in the period 2003-2006.
- Llwydd Town (4mm OO) George Woodcock's layout of Llwydd is situated in North-East Wales at the end of a spur from the Shrewsbury - Chester line. Set in the late 80s and early 90s. This will be one of the last showings of Llwydd Town.
- New Bryford (4mm OO) Mick Bryan's model portrays the railway scene within the Manchester/Wigan/Bolton area in the last five to six years.
- Oldshaw (4mm EM) Alan Bevan & Maggie Clarke return with a model of Oldshaw (built by Andrew Bartlett) depicting late 70s, Western region operations.
- Tullygarth (4mm OO) Stirling & Clackmannanshire's model of a classic Scottish Highland station (an Island platform accessed from underpass) portrayed from the generally loco hauled 1980s era, slowly giving way to DMUs by the 1990s.
To be confirmed.
The following traders are confirmed in attendance.